Wednesday 6 December 2017

Shine Brighter | Tamara Buckler

Hey Hey Flutterby Peeps,

I'm back again today to share another layout featuring the fabulous new 'We Run The World' collection. Did you manage to get your hands on some when it was launched last week?? Has your postie come up with the goods yet??

Either way, I'm sharing with you some girly glam grunge goodness today, which I feel really fits with the theme of this collection.


I started this layout with a blush background and laid down some gesso in a cross shape. I then applied some texture past through the halftone stencil randomly in the same area. I also adhered the 'beautiful' acrylic word into the mix media. I made a really runny mix of some pink and white Flutter Colour paint and water, and spread this over the same section, encouraging it to drip down the page. I love the washy water colour effect this gives.


I tore strips from the Everyday Etc Filler Cards from this collection, and laid them down in the same cross shape as the mixed media. I also matted my pic on one of these cards, roughed up the edges, and then added some foam to give the pic some separation from the background.


I fussy cut the hexagon shapes out of both the Everyday Etc Filler Cards, and the Everyday Etc Photo cards, and then adhered to the left side and bottom of my pic. I also cut a couple of extra hexagons to tuck around the photo. This worked really well, as it broke up the 'cross' shape, and gave the layout a more modern and glamourous feel. I added some pic thread behind my pic for extra texture and another pop of pink.


To finish off the page I added splatters of Gold and Bronze Heidi Swapp Colour Shine, some sequins, and some of the smaller embellishments from the Die Cuts pack.

This page came together really quickly, and I am super happy with the way it turned out.

Please make sure you are sharing your layouts with us over at Flutterby Inspiration HQ, we really love to see what you are creating!

Until next time, Big Loves,
Tam x

No comments:

Post a Comment