Monday 25 December 2017

Family Christmas Traditions & Falala | Belinda Spencer

Merry Christmas Flutterby peeps!!!

I hope Santa was kind to you and you survived the mad present opening frenzy that is Christmas morning.

I am just popping in before my little family and I head out the door to share two Christmas layouts featuring the completely awesome Fair Dinkum Chrissy collection.

This is such a fun Christmas range and so perfect for a hot Aussie Christmas.

'Family Christmas Traditions'


I love this photo I snapped a couple of years ago now. I was aiming for a nice Christmas photo but got this instead. LOL My young son did not want his sister's arm on him. Hahaha. As much as I wanted a 'nice' photo, the outtakes are the ones I love best.


I created a lovely watercolour effect background on my layout just because it is my favourite thing to do. I spritzed my background with a generous amount of water first and then applied diluted Tropicana Teal Flutter Colour Paint using a large soft paintbrush. I kind of just dump the paint on the page and watch the water bleed it out before helping it along a little with my paintbrush.


I then layered on some of the Filler Photo Cards sticking to a teal, black and neutral colour scheme.


The Page Tabs are one of my all time favourite Flutterby products and I love to layer them above my photo.

My layout wouldn't be complete without a sprinkling of sweet little wood veneer pieces and cute die cuts.


Here's what I used:



For my second layout featuring a photo of my darling daughter, I have kept to a white, pink, red and kraft colour scheme.

'Fa La La'


How cute is that santa hat and the little reindeer?? They are from the Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack that is chockers full of awesome Christmas die cuts.


I strayed from my usual watercolour background for this one and simply squeezed some Raspberry Punch Flutter Colour Paint onto my layout. I then swiped away at it with a palette knife until I was happy with the coverage. As usual I sloshed on way more paint than I needed. It's typical of me which is why I always keep an art journal handy so I can swipe the excess paint onto a page or two to use later. Tags are good for this too if you have those laying around your desk.


I love the look of pink and red together and with a little kraft added too it's a pretty cool colour scheme.


I really wanted to use the Dear santa checklist Photo Card to go with my photo of my girl but it contained sentence enhancers. Now don't get me wrong I am a huge fan of sentence enhancers and must admit to using them quite regularly in everyday life. However I couldn't bring myself to use them on a layout with a photo of my daughter so I strategically placed a 'censored' sticker and a cute wood veneer present to hide them. It's a cool and creative way of covering up the naughty words if you don't want to use them.


Here's what I used:



Well I hope you are feeling inspired by my layouts today and you get a chance to sneak away and play with your own stash of Fair Dinkum Chrissy goodies. I am off to spend the morning at the zoo with my family followed by a lovely casual lunch at home.

Enjoy your Christmas day lovelies!

Cheers
Belinda





No comments:

Post a Comment