Monday 6 November 2017

The awkward moment when | Tamara Buckler

Hey Hey Flutterby Peeps,

I'm back again today to share another layout using the always fun 'Xtreme Teen' collection. I love this collection, and even though I don't have teens (yet!), and I only have girls, I find a lot of material in this collection that works with their crazy attitudes and personalities.


I started with black card stock for this one, and smeared the background with some white Gesso. I then passed some texture paste through the 'Words of Wisdom' Stencil and let it dry. I then added some very watered down 'Grape Soda' Flutter Colour Paint with the packaging technique to put a light purple wash over the page.


I matted the photo with some Xtreme Teen Filler cards, and made this cluster using some of the die cuts from the range, as well as a flair button. You can also see here that I have added some wood veneer confetti circles that I have painted purple, these are repeated in several places on the page to add extra dimension, but as they are colour on colour, they don't make the page more busy.


I then created my title by cutting up one of the 'Xtreme Teen' Everyday Etc Photo Cards, as well as a ticket from the range. I also used some of the Purple Sticky alphas, as I wanted my title to say 'children'  instead of 'child', as mine are both pretty special :)


I added an extra cluster to the bottom right of the page, using again some of the die cuts and a flair badge, as well as a black snippet strip. To finish off the page I went a bit nuts and splattered all over the page some watered down Flutter Colour Paint in Bahama Blue, this went all over the page, including my photo, but I figure it just adds to the crazy, and the pops of blue really helps to tie in all the embellishments.

Hope you've enjoyed checking out my page, and make sure you keep an eye on the blog as there will some creations starting to pop up with the new Flutterby ranges that are being released soon! Sneak peak available here and here.

Have a fab week!
Big Loves,
Tam x

No comments:

Post a Comment