Tuesday 14 November 2017

LIKE A STRIPPER LOVES GLITTER - OUT OF MY WAY CHARMING | KRISY PODOLAK

Hi Flutterby Lovelies,

Krisy here a bit early to share some inspiration with you.  Today I want to share two layouts with you.  They are very different to each other but both use the Everyday etc cards.  If you are like me, then when you receive your Everyday Etc cards in the post you think, how am I going to use these!?  Some of the sayings don't really apply to what I am currently scrapping or aren't phrases I would use...So how do you use them??

Well, I like to cut them up and use them as word strips or individual words.  By doing it this way, I can customise them to my layouts and what I want to say.

This first layout came about by the word glitter.  And well who loves glitter more than me or a stripper??

I cut up the glitter card, then I jused some alpha tiles to make up the rest of the title.  I teamed it with some word stickers and a Flutterby Flair button.
 Here are a few close ups:


For the next layout I used the same technique but I drew inspiration from one of the cards - Be your own hero.  I decided to team it up with a galaxy background.  This technique is very popular among art journallers at the moment.  To make it a little more interesting, I used my Flutterby Stencils, some clear embossing powder and my watermark stamp pad to create a resist.  Then I applied layers of watercolour paints. 

I used a range of sticker to create my title and the fairytale images are from an old book I saved from a Lifeline book sale.  I'd like to note too that Cindy is actually a crossfit workout but honestly if Cinderella made eyes at me I wouldn't have to think twice. :P


I hope I have inspired you to look at your Everyday Etc cards in a different way.  I can't wait to see what you all create.  Make sure you share them in the inspirations group.

Krisy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment