Wednesday 1 November 2017

Cool Dude | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
Sue Plumb here, and it's time to share another design team project with you. This 12x12" mixed media page was lots of fun to create - which was partly due to the memories it invoked. These photos were taken at the Flutterby 'Create by the Lake' retreat back in July; and it's fair to say that Anita and I weren't the only ones laughing that day. 


This page was created using a mash-up of items from different collections, and I am so happy with how they all came together. I started with a sheet of white cardstock and applied a blue watercolour wash using a Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Dust and a wide brush. I added some drizzles of Tangerine Orange Flutter Colour paint to add some dimension and contrast.


Once the paint had dried, I added some extra contrast using stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps and Typo; then some strips of torn washi tape. With the background done, it was time to create the main portion of the layout.


I cut up some Everyday Etc filler cards from the 'Flawsome' and 'Happy Together' collections to create a layered photo mat, along with some messy cotton thread for texture. I also tucked in a couple of page tabs amongst the layers. Alongside my photos, I added the fantastic wood veneer tab from the 'Flawsome' Wood Veneer Bits pack. 


The quote (I couldn't have chosen a better one for this page!) was fussy cut from an Everyday Etc card from the 'Partners in Crime' collection. I also added a few white Tiny Sticky Quote stickers around my page. 


My cool dude title was created using the cool sticker from the 'Xtreme Teen' Sticky Quotes sheet and the dude wood veneer from the 'Xtreme Teen' Wood Veneer Bits pack. The moustache sticker I added below it was also from the Sticky Quotes sheet.


I created a final embellishment cluster on the right side of my photos using a cog from the 'Xtreme Teen' Wood Veneer Bits pack; the LOL flair button (from set #377) which was nested on some thread; and a few coordinating enamel dots from the Bold set. 
To finish my page off, I stamped the date; added handwritten journaling and a few black splatters.

Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you today. I will be back again with another project to share in a couple of weeks time.
Until then, happy scrapping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment