Thursday 17 August 2017

Go BIG or Go Home | Sue Plumb

Hi peeps! Sue Plumb here, and today I have a project to share that was created using some of the goodies from the new 'Flawsome' collection. (I actually completed this one while I was away on the Flutterby retreat!) I scrapped a Snap Chat selfie that I took with my fave vampire filter (isn't it fabulous? I love how the blood trickles out when you open your mouth!)


I started with a mixed media background for this page - first some black gesso smeared onto my cardstock, then I mixed some 'Grape Soda' Flutter Colour paint with a little water and splattered it around my page using a small brush.


I knew EXACTLY which quote from the new collection that I was going to pair with my photo and that was the reason for my colour choices for this page. (Could I have used anything else but - I already know I am going to hell. At this point it's really GO BIG or go home?! It was perfect!) I fussy cut the quote from one of the 'Flawsome' Everyday Etc cards.


I used a number of different filler cards for my layered photo mat behind my photo. Some were from the coordinating 'Flawsome' pack, and some from the 'Happy Together' filler card set. I also added a page tab from the 'Flawsome' sheet; some frayed gauze; and black cotton thread to my layers.


The next thing I did was to create a small cluster alongside my photo. I used the die cut quote from the 'Flawsome' Bits & Bobs pack, a flair button and a black Tiny Sticky Quote.


Next, I added a few circle wood veneer pieces (which I coloured with a white paint pen) randomly around my page and a Charms Creations arrow to help highlight my quote.


To finish off, I added a few stamped hell yeah phrases using a Typo stamp, and then splattered some black and red mist around.


Thanks for stopping by the Flutterby blog today so I could share this with you. If you've got some fun Snap Chat selfies stored on your phone, then get some printed and scrap them! They are sure to amuse you when you look back on them in years to come.

I will be back again in a couple of week's time with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping!


1 comment: