Tuesday 1 August 2017

Absolutely F%$KING Gorgeous...


Hey Flutterby peeps...

My creative cup is overflowing and my soul is nourished after our 2017 'Create by the Lake' Retreat. I had to miss 2016 at late notice due to some health issues, and I was determined not to miss this year.

It was amazing to meet so many people Ive been facebook friends with forever in the flesh, and to see everyone creating with the new 'Flawsome' collection was truly inspiring. 

Here are 2 more of my layouts using up all the bits in my kit, and capturing my black and edgy style that seems to be my trade mark. Both these layouts feature pics of my sister Kaya and I out on a messy night together. Like any siblings, we fight, but we always come back to each other and have each others backs... 


For this background I watered down some of the Flutter Colour Paint and splattered it all over my black card stock. 
mixed up some Lindy Stamp Gang Magicals into Matt medium, and applied it through the Fragmented stencil. 


Next, I collected all the FLAWSOME' - FILLER CARDS' that had black, blue, pink and purple tones. I cut them in half and roughly created multiple layers behind each of my photo's. I scrap lifted this technique from the super talented Amy Prior, who I was fortunate enough to table buddies and roomies with at retreat. 



I fussy cut around the 'Absolutely fucking gorgeous' card from the 'FLAWSOME' Everyday Etc Cards, them went on to embellish with some hearts from the 'FLAWSOME' Die Cut Bits & BobsBLACKBOARD Sticky QuotesBlack' Tiny Sticky Quotes, and some NEON Enamel Dots



This layout probably should have come first, as its a pic from the beginning of the night before we really got messy. 


My background started out on Marshmallow cardstock, and I used a foam applicator with some black stazon to ink through the 'Flawsome' Stencil.  I've used some of the new Distress Oxides from Tim Holts to create the splatters of blue, pink, purple and black.  


Next Ive matted my photo with the black piece from the 'FLAWSOME' - FILLER CARDS' Everyday Etc Cards and the Blue mixed media card. The cards have been made from pages from the boss lady art journal, and are super fucking rad! Add in another 'FLAWSOME' Die Cut Bits & Bobs for embellishment, and some 'Black' Tiny Sticky Quotes. There are a shit tonnes in this pack, and there is something for every occasion.


Last but not least, dont forget a 'Sentence Enhancers' FLAIR BUTTONS to let your sibling know how much you really love them!


Hope you have enjoyed these 2 layouts with the new collection. The shop is back online and there is no better time to grab some of this awesome collection and get creating!!

Love and light

xoxox

Skai






No comments:

Post a Comment