Monday 10 July 2017

Love This | Belinda Spencer

Hi Flutterby peeps!!

Belinda here today with the first of my July posts featuring the totally awesome 'Flawsome' collection.


There is so much to love about this collection; from the stunning colours to the brilliant quotes and sentence enhancers. The perfect range to scrap those selfie photos.

'Love This' Layout


I recently decided to trial creating layouts in an A4 format as opposed to my regular 12" x 12". It is mainly for ease of storage. So much easier (and cheaper) to store them in ring binders instead of the giant plastic tubs I have stacked up in my already cramped old home. Let me know what you think of this size and if you have tried scrapping in this format. I think I like it.


I began this layout by swiping some Golden Light Molding Paste over the stunning Little Big Love stencil. How cute are those little love hearts? I then diluted some of the Flutter Colour Paints to a watercolour consistency, spritzed my background with water and then applied the runny paints with a large soft, wet paintbrush. Spritzed again. Mopped up a little of the excess liquid with scrunched up paper towel and then dried with a heat gun. This is pretty much my 'go to' technique tfor starting each of my layouts. When you are onto a good thing and all that. ;-)



I decided to scrap a strip of fun photo booth photos of myself and the uber talent that is Louise Nelson taken at the Seriously Scrapbooking All Day Scrap last year. I chopped up the filler photo cards with the strips of pattern and scattered them over my background to frame my photo strip.


I then layered on some of the fabulous co-ordinating embellies, wood veneer, bits & bobs and a flair from the collection.



Here's what I used:

- Flair Button
- Grape Soda
- Raspberry Punch
- Sunshine Yellow
- Tropicana Teal

Thanks so much for checking out my layout today. Make sure you share your own Flawsome creations in the Flutterby Inspiration HQ group. I would love to see them.

Cheers
Belinda


No comments:

Post a Comment