Tuesday 6 June 2017

Cool. Whatever, Mum. by Tamara Buckler


Hey Flutterby peeps,

Do you ever start a layout and it ends up completely nothing like you had planned? That's what happened with my layout today, but I have to say that I think it may have been a happy accident!


I started by using texture paste through the 'words of wisdom' stencil on 12 x12 cardstock, dried it with my heat gun and then applied watercolour.  I'm not sure what I was thinking, because the watercolour smudged away the not quite dry texture paste, and I made an awful mess! I then decided to trim down the (not-quite-dry) paper and ripped the crap out of my page! Gah!

But as I said, happy accident, as I ended up with a piece that fit perfectly onto a 8.5 x 11.5 page, and I really love the grungy but feminine edge this piece gives my layout. Plus I think it sets the mood perfectly for this pic of my less than impressed pre-teen miss!


I added in the awesome die cuts from the 'Xtreme Teen' range to create my title. So freaking accurate! Anyone else sick of hearing this from their kids??



I layered up my photo with some 'Xtreme Teen' filler cards, and I used a Flutterby Flair button, and another die cut to the left of my photo for added interest. 

A couple of the wood veneers, and some ink splatters and my page is complete and saved from total disaster!

Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout! Why don't you share you scrappy disaster stories in the comments?

Big Loves,
Tam x


No comments:

Post a Comment