Monday 1 May 2017

Whatever Mum | Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! Sue Plumb here with you today to share my latest project for Flutterby Designs. Today I am sharing my first layout using the brand new 'Xtreme Teen' collection, and let me tell you, it's a cracker! Don't think that this collection is only for those moody teens though - it's perfect for for all those attitude-fueled, smart-assed toddlers, pre-teens and husbands too! ;)

Here's what I created using the newest additions to the Flutterby range...


First - my background. I started by dry brushing some 'Grape Soda' Flutter Colour paint over my cardstock using a wide brush. I then used the new 'Matrix' stencil to apply some Colour Blast Colour Paste to select areas of my page, then drizzled some 'Bahama Blue' Flutter Colour paint over the top. I also added some splatters of black and teal mist, then set it aside to dry.


Once dry, I started constructing the focal point of my page. I started with a few of the 'Xtreme Teen' Everyday Etc filler cards, which I cut and layered together as a mat for my photo. I then added a few fussy cut elements which I cut from the 'Xtreme Teen' Everyday Etc cards; including the Whatever Mum title.


I love embellishing directly onto my photos, so I stapled on a tab from the Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack; and added a lightning bolt sticker from the Sticky Quotes sheet. Alongside the photo I added one of the new 'Xtreme Teen' tickets. (These are cool - there are sixteen different designs, which you simply snip apart.) I also added DANGER from the die cut pack; and the barcode sticker from the Sticky Quotes sheet.


To finish off my page I added a few of the coordinating wood veneer pieces from coordinating pack, which I coloured black simply using a Sharpie pen. I also added some stamping and a little handwritten journaling and my page was done!


Thanks so much for stopping in today so I could share this with you. If you love this cool new range as much as I do, then make sure you visit the What's New section of the store HERE and grab some for yourself!

I will be back again in a couple of weeks with another project to share. In the meantime, stay tuned to see what the rest of the design team has been creating and pop over to the the Flutterby Inspiration HQ group to share your creations too.
Til next time, happy scrapping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment