Monday 17 April 2017

Turtely Awesome Dude and #4 | Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! It's Sue here today sharing my latest Flutterby projects with you. Today I have a bit of a bonus - a 12x12" mixed media layout AND a pocket page spread. (So bear with me as there are quite a few photos!)

Both these projects were created to document some of my boys' 4th birthday celebrations and I used the same basic colour scheme across each of them to help tie them together. As my boys are both Ninja Turtle crazy, I used lots of the 'Fur-ever Friends' collection, along with various other Flutterby bits and pieces.

First, here is my mixed media layout...


I started by creating a background using some Flutter Colour Paint from the Bright Set (Green Limousine, which I brushed on; then Tropicana Teal drizzled over the top). Once dry, I added stamping, then used the 'Stargazed' stencil and some Colour Blast Colour Paste to add texture over the top; and splattered some navy mist around.


After all my background work was completely dry, I used a couple of Everyday Etc filler cards to create some layers behind my photo to help it pop, along with some messy cotton thread tucked into my layers. I used the Turtely Awesome sticker from the Fur-ever Friends Sticky Quotes to form part of my title, along with the word dude which I cut from one of the cards from the older boy release - Super Cool.


To finish off my page I added some small stars wood veneers, (which I coloured black); a flair button (from set #403); and a white tiny sticky quote which I popped below my title. Then I stamped the date and added my handwritten journaling and it was done.



And now onto my pocket page spread. Here is a look at both pages together...


As you can see, I kept the overall design relatively simple which allowed the photos to stay the focal point; and maintained uniformity across the spread by using lime green as my primary colour, with accents of aqua and black.

Left side...


Right side...


I created my title card using one of the 'Fur-ever Friends' Everyday Etc filler cards. I added a banner which was cut from another card, along with a Snippet Strip (attached with staples); a Blackboard Sticky Quote (which I altered to suit my purpose) and my strip journaling.


I used a few more Snippet Strips around my page; along with the Turtely Awesome card; and some small wood veneer stars that I coloured black.


On the facing page, I used more wood veneer stars; enamel dots; and a flair button (from the 'Mad About You' set #2) as embellishments.


I made a tweak to one of the quotes from the Mad About You collection, adding the word "twins" to suit my purpose.


That's all from me today. I will be back again next month with more Flutterby projects to share.
Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments:

Post a Comment