Saturday 4 March 2017

LOVE - TURTLEY AWESOME DUDE | Krisy Podolak

Hi Flutterby Lovelies.

Krisy Back for my first share for this month and I am again sharing two layouts using the "Fur-ever Friends" Collection.  As I said in my post last month, we don't have any pets at the moment, so I had to get a little creative with some of my layouts.

So Snapchat is an app that has been real popular on a lot of Scrapbooking Layouts of late and my husband has been snapchatting his work buddies for a while but I never really saw the point of it.  But I needed animal photos and this was the best way to get some with meaningful stories behind them.  The reason I decided to download Snapchat was because my son was having a very hard time adjusting to his older sister starting kindy.  He was very very sad.  I had to try and find little things that he and I could do (and his little sister who was yet to step into big sister shoes) and take his mind off the fact that it was only 8.45am, she had only been gone 15 minutes and he had to wait until 2.30pm for her to come home.

For this layout I created a mixed media background using some Colour Sprays and some Colour Blast Colour Paste in Just Blue and spreading it through the "I {heart} you" Stencil.  Then I added a little stamping.  I created a matte of Everyday Etc Cards by cutting them into strips and adding some Paper Straws in matching colours.  Then it was all about the little details.  There are some Tabs, enamel dots, a flair button that I had to "Alter" a little bit and the title is another Everyday Etc card that I fussy cut the word Love from.

Here are a few close ups:


Here is another layout where I used Snapchat photos.

I made this layout more about the rainbow of colours.  The background is very basic.  Is stamped some clouds using permanent ink then added a rainbow of inks around them.  Once it was dry, I added a matte over Everyday Etc cards behind my photo, fussy cut the turtle off another and added a flair, some snippet strips and page tabs. It is a bright fun layout that makes my son smile.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back later in the month with two more layouts that stretch some of the original intentions of these cards I think.

Krisy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment