Thursday 23 February 2017

Happy Dog Finn by Belinda Spencer

Hello Flutterby peeps!!

Belinda back today to share two canine inspired layouts using the fur-tastic Fur-Ever Friends collection.

"Finn" Layout



I am lucky enough to be owned by three dogs but my little guy is just possibly the happiest, most fun dog in the world. I think this collection represents his personality just perfectly.


I started by swiping some texture paste over the "Mmm Pie" Mini Stencil before drying with a heat gun.. Then I diluted the  Raspberry Punch Flutter Colour paint with some water, spritz my page with water and then painted on a wash of the colour using a large, soft paintbrush. I spritzed with a bit more water, blotted with scrunched up paper towel and then dried with a heat gun. I diluted a little of the Orange Goldfish paint also and flicked that over the background.


Next I had some fun cropping, shuffling around and layering some of the photo cards until I had my design right. A quick staple held them all in place so I could add easily to my layout.

Then it was a matter of adding my photo, title and scattering embellishments across my layout.

Here's what I used:



Next up is a layout I created for the Scrapbooking Top 50 February Challenge.

'Happy Dog' Layout


I love a good sketch! Who doesn't right? It makes it so easy to create a layout without having to think too hard about the design. 



I followed my usual formula for creating my layouts: stencil✓ texture paste ✓ water spritzing ✓ diluted paint applied in a watercoloury (I know it's not even a word) fashion ✓ layer upon layer of stuff ✓ a scattering of embellishments ✓.

Hey, when the formula works you might as well stick to it. LOL



I cut some pennants from the filler photo cards too and snuck in there under the photo. I purposely chose a tiny photo just so I could stick it in that oh so cute wood veneer frame.

Here's what I used:


***Please note: the tiny little wood veneer hearts are NON Flutterby randoms***

Well that is all from me today! I hope I have inspired you to scrap your own little cutie. Don't forget to share your creations in the Flutterby Inspiration HQ Facebook Group.

Cheers
Belinda




No comments:

Post a Comment