Tuesday 10 January 2017

Mad About Flutterby by Belinda Spencer

Hello!!

Belinda here today and I am absolutely thrilled to be sharing my very first post as a brand new Flutterby Designs Design Team member. 

First up I want to say a massive thank you to the uber talented Anita Rodway for having me on her awesome team. I just love your clever, arty designs so I am stoked to be able to create with them.

For my first project I have a layout to share featuring the Mad About You collection.

'P.S. I Love You' Layout


I love this photo of my hubby looking rather dashing, sporting some quirky Christmas photo booth props, that I took on Christmas Day 2015. Believe it or not, that is NOT his real moustache. LOL 


I started with a heavy white cardstock base and added a Pink Kaisermist and water wash over it. Once dry I added some stencilling using the Hugs and Kisses Stencil and a custom made mix of Golden Light Molding Paste and Prima Charcoal Chalkboard paint. I used a palette knife to smudge some areas of the stencilling. This is a great way to hide any imperfections in your stencilling!!

The stencilling turned out a little darker than I had hoped so I spritzed over the top of everything with White Kaisermist to soften the colours.


I love to create lots of layers under my photo and the Everyday Etc Filler Cards are absolutely perfect for this technique. I chose a few different coordinating cards, chopped them to size and then shuffled them around under my photo until I was happy with the arrangement. I knew (from experience!) that if I pulled my layers apart to add tape to the back, that I would never EVER get them back in the same order. My solution is to have my handy Tiny Attacher nearby to quickly whack a couple of staples in to hold everything in place.




Once the layers were in place I literally threw some pink embroidery thread over the top and then secured in place with my photo as well as some strategically positioned embellishments and a few sneaky dots of Glossy Accents. I added a bit of stamping to my background at this point too using a cheeky stamp from Typo.


I layered some Page Tabs above my photo too. I HAD to use the 'Sheldon' one as we are huge fans of The Big Bang Theory and Sheldon is most definitely our favourite character. And as I just LOVE wood veneer, I have added some Die Cut Bits and Bobs too.

Well I hope you are feeling inspired after my very first share to get in your scrap room and have a play with your own Flutterby Designs stash. I will have lots more to share with you in a couple of weeks.

Don't forget there is only one more sleep until the Flutterby Designs shop is open again on Wednesday 11th January.

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!

Cheers
Belinda



No comments:

Post a Comment