Thursday 22 December 2016

Push Yourself | Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! I hope this finds you all well and not too frantic in the final Christmas countdown. (With 3 young kids in our house, it's fairly safe to say the level of excitement here is currently sitting around DEFCON 2! haha)

Anyway, I am here today to share another of my Flutterby creations with you. Today's layout was inspired by my current journey of getting myself in better shape. After having spent so much of my time and energy looking after everyone around me in recent years, I was coming a very poor last. So I have changed my eating habits and am getting my lazy ass moving again. It's very true when they say that the hardest part is starting. But I am finding it is also difficult to maintain the momentum some days, especially doing it all on my own. I created this page so that I can display it to remind me to keep going every day.


After prepping my cardstock with gesso, I created a background using a combination of mists and stamps. I wanted to stick with neutral tones (much like my shoes pictured), that would allow some bright colours to pop from it. I added texture using some Colour Blast Colour Paste and one of my mini stencils, then flicked some white Flutter Colour paint over the top.


I used the No Excuses collection for this layout. The Everyday Etc card I chose to use for the push yourself title and the no one is going to do to it for you quote both really struck a chord with me as I tell myself this every day. I used some of the coordinating filler cards which I cut into pieces and layered together as a mat for my photo.


I highlighted my photo by adding a white cord frame on top of it, then used a few wood veneer circles (colored black) to help echo the circular theme. I also coloured the everyday wood veneer black to match.


Some messy cotton thread helped add some subtle texture; whilst the neon enamel dots added a few extra pops of coordinating colour and tied in with the other circular elements. A few well chosen white tiny sticky quotes placed around my page helped to reinforce my theme as well.


And what Flutterby creation of mine would be complete without a flair button? This be your own hero one, from set #410 which coordinates with the No Excuses range, was just perfect!


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. If you are making new year resolutions to get in shape, then make sure you put the No Excuses collection on your list to document your progress!

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your families a very merry Christmas and happy new year. I will be back again to share lots of my Flutterby creations in 2017.
Til then, happy scrapping! X

No comments:

Post a Comment