Thursday 22 September 2016

Sweetheart | Sue Plumb

Hi Flutterby peeps!
Sue Plumb here with you sharing my latest work for Flutterby Designs. Today I have a layout to share with you featuring a (fairly typical) photo of my partner and I. (Rarely can the man have a "normal" photo with me without some sort of silly face, but hey, that's him...and I love him anyway!)


For this layout I started with a sheet of patterned paper from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I opted to use this dark grey, as I want it to help my colours "pop". On top of the patterned paper, I created a mat for my photo using a selection of Everyday Etc cards. (I love the variety of patterns and colours that can be found in the filler card packs, and I also love the fact that they are always exactly the right shades to coordinate with all my other Flutterby goodies!) I also added some Photo Cut out frames to my layers, for some extra visual interest and depth.


Once I had my base layers in place, I used the "I {heart} you" stencil from the Mini Stencil set and a white gel pen to add some doodled hearts to my background. I then proceeded to drizzle it all with some white Flutter Colour paint. This provided a good contrast to the structured, linear background I had already created.


Whilst my paint was drying, I added some embellishments directly onto my photo - the wood veneer sweetheart word and heart, which were coloured using my Posca pen; and the flair button (from set #249), which I nested on some messy cotton thread. I then fixed my photo in place and proceeded to embellish the rest of my layout.


Above my photo I added a couple of Page Tabs; and to the left of my photo I added a Photo Cut Out tab (from the "Bright Directions Tabs 3" sheet.) I also added some Snippet Strips and bold Enamel Dots around my page.


To finish off, I added a quote from a "Happy Together" Everyday Etc card, which I cut into strips to apply; and then I added some Rainbow Heart stickers randomly across my page.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back in a couple of weeks with another project to share.
Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments:

Post a Comment