Monday 26 September 2016

September Guest Designer - Anguree Jansen van Rensburg 'Be Awesome Today'


Introducing our Guest DT for this month - 
Anguree Jansen van Rensburg!!! 
 


"Hello there, my name is Anguree, and I am really thrilled to be guesting this month. I am married to a wonderful guy and live in Darwin, part of Australia’s tropical north. We have no children except for a very spoiled Chocolate Labrador.
I was introduced into Scrapbooking somewhere in 2005 and have been addicted ever since. I generally scrap 12x12 pages, but also love art journaling, making tags, cards and off the page projects. My style varies from grungy to shabby but I dare say no style is off limits. Experimenting with new techniques and products keeps me engaged and inspired. It makes it fun and allows me to jump between different styles depending on the products I choose to use.
I have had the privilege to teach at my local Scrapbooking shop and have been very fortunate to be published in Scrapbook Creations Magazine and Scrapbooking Memories Magazine. Through Scrapbooking I have develop wonderful friendships with so many of you out there and for me, this is an essential part of the process. Meeting like-minded people, having fun and sharing the little things that make life a happier place is what keeps me going and makes me do what we do."


'BE AWESOME TODAY'
I absolutely adore these Flutterby paints – have you noticed? ;)
For my first post, I choose the light turquoise, pink and grey paint. I loved the turquoise/aqua tones in this new release of products and decided to keep it soft and simple.


First I swirled the paint onto the left side of my paper creating random patterns with all three colours. Once it was dry I matted my photo and laid it down on the paper. I chose to use minimal embellishments and used the cards to punch out a big circle out of aqua to mat my wood veneer and also a few small circles to use as embellishments. I also punched out a medium black circle to form my embellishment cluster.
 


I needed all my embellishments to match, so instead of using a card from the kit, I painted a small piece of leftover cardstock with the pink paint and let it dry. Once dry, I punched out another little circle for an embellishment. (Tip: All the smaller circles were mounted with mounting foam to create more texture). I also cut one of the tabs to match the colour and theme of my layout.
 

Once I cut all my embellishments I really needed some journaling. Instead of typing or writing, I found inspiration from one of the printed cards in the stack, saying “Dreams don’t work unless you do”. I loved the splatters on this card and carefully cut the phrase from the card, leaving one small gap. (if you do decide to follow these instructions using your kit, don't chuck this “used’ card in the bin….you will see why soon enough…) But with that, I finished my layout, so if you’d like to know more about that piece of card, stay tuned for another layout coming soon.



Till then, have fun, playing :)
Anguree
xxx

I'll have more to share from Anguree later this week!!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, just wow, I love the paint swirls and the colours you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete